//
archives

Archive for

OLE DB provider ‘SQLOLEDB’ could not INSERT INTO table ‘[SQLOLEDB]’. Unknown provider error. OR Turn Off the “no count” default connection property for OPENQUERY inserts

I recently had a user report an issue with a set of stored procedures that inserted rows into a table on a remote server via openquery and a linked server. The procs had run fine for years and had not been modified recently. But on this occasion when the procs ran the user received the … Continue reading

Replication Broken Due to Schema Change

I am not going to spend a lot of time on this post nor did I go through a big analysis as to the root of “Why”. I am just going to describe the symptoms and how I fixed it. I got a call from one of my users stating that the replicated source and … Continue reading