Business Intelligence Developer
Send Resume to: email@example.com
Description of the Position
Use of and skilled in (MSSQL) SQL development, (SSIS) Data Migration, (SSRS) Reporting and (SSAS) Analysis Services to construct a BI data Warehouse of multidimensional structures, calculations, reports and comprehensive data dictionaries critical to business unit and enterprise decision support analysis. Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills required as extensive contact with internal customers and other information technology (IT) professionals is required to fulfill this role.
– Physical design and implementation of SQL ETL processes to construct and load OLAP source data schemas (e.g. star schemas).
– Construct a comprehensive library of multi-focus, multi-departmental decision support cubes, dimensions, calculations, KPIs and aggregations for full spectrum enterprise analysis
– Write high visibility reporting services reports utilizing the BI or data warehouse.
– Construct processes for loading BI warehouse data into dashboard and/or 3rd party BI tools
– Create and maintain a BI focus data dictionary of the sources, variables and formulas of all data and metrics used within the BI warehouse elements for the BI/Analytics developer, Business Analysts and self-serve BI tools.
– Work with Business Analysts in identifying and automating business processes that are manual and pertinent to the warehouse project.
– Collaborate with Data Warehouse SQL Developer on projects involving all facets of warehouse design (hardware benchmarking and capacity planning, warehouse source data decisions, load schedules, data scrubbing, de-normalization, etc.)
– Participate in the data modeling and database logical and physical design for non-warehouse systems when required.
– Work with Business Analysts to identify opportunities for reducing or removing heavy manual data collection and collation requirements by the Business Analysts, or the departments they serve, in decision support analysis.
– Train Business Analysts on the use of self-serve and intermediate BI tools.
– Ensures high availability, security and integrity of BI warehouse databases and BI tools.
– Schedules and manages jobs for BI Warehouse data transfers and procedures and monitors performance and impact on operations.
– Provide testing and performance tuning support.
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– 5+ years of experience designing, developing, and supporting databases (Microsoft SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, XML)
– Experience with ETL and other data movement strategies
– Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
– Experience with Perfect Practice Case Management System or legal experience a big plus.